Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The "Cool Trendy Christian" Box

In the past 10 years the Lord has taken me from being a shy private girl to being an assured open-book young woman.  He has brought me through various trials where I really only had him to rely upon. It was a place he took me to where when everything else was ripped away all that was left was my heart in his hands.

He held it there for me to look at and study,"What do you see here, my child?"

"My heart, Papa." 

"Yes, it is your heart. But look deeper. What is in it? What is it made of? What makes it beat?"

He led me through a probing of my heart. I saw for the first time what was at the bottom of all my thoughts, actions, desires, and dreams. And it was through that study that I saw without my Papa, my God, my heart wouldn't beat for one second. 

I'm tired of trying to fit into this "cool trendy Christian" box. The "cool trendy Christian" box looks different for everyone, but we all know what it is in our lives. and I'm tired of putting aside my quirks and likes to fit into trying to be this trendy Christian. I want to be who God made me to the very core of my being because it is what brings him the most delight!

If I had a child and I knew her down to the last freckle I would want her to be herself. It would break my heart to see her trying to be like her other friends, trying to look like them, act like them, dress like them etc. I would look at her and say, "My sweet baby, I love YOU. I delight when I see your true self come out. Nothing makes me more happy when I see you being just you. I don't care for you to be anything else than who you are."

I believe that the Lord wants to take us all on that specific journey, down the path of "Who am I?"

It isn't an easy journey. It is a journey of uphill conviction, and valleys of discipline. But it takes you to mountaintops of joy and fields of peace. And the end finds you in the satisfying arms of your Savior. Who looks you in the eyes and says, "Aha, there she is. My sweet girl, just the way I made her to be."

And so today marks the day that this blog shifts. I will be open and honest with what the Lord reveals and teaches me, unafraid of what others' theology or judgements may be. I want to share what the Lord teaches me, because he blesses us in order that we might be a blessing to others.  I don't want to be afraid to touch on controversial subjects because some theologies don't agree. I want to share the joy the Lord brings to my heart, that others' hearts might be encouraged. No more "safe box" for me. 

My only care in writing these posts is that people see the glorious all-loving God who has no conditions to his love. I only pray that the words I write can encourage souls to find who they are deep down, to let that person who God created, not the world, to finally come out. And then turn around and shout from the mountain tops the GLORY of our GOD!

I want people to love themselves the way God does, not in a self-centered, arrogant, or vain way. But in the way of taking delight in who God made them. So let's throw that "trendy Christian" box we've tried to fit into out the window. You can't really fit in a box that isn't made for you anyway. : )

The only place we truly fit is in the heart of God. So I pray that you would take the sweet Savior's hand and take the first step down this path to discover who God made you. He will match your every effort sweet friend. He longs to show you who he made you. You are wonderful, and so loved. 

Lord of heaven and earth, we come to you in this place of uncertainty. Who are we Lord? Will you show us? We surrender our selves: mind, body, soul, and spirit completely to you. Oh Savior, won't you come and set a fire down in our souls that burns with you and you alone. Show us who you knit together in those heavenly places, what did you use to create our personality and desires. Show us sweet Savior, for we long to be who you made us to be. We want you to take even more delight in us! Your smile satisfies our souls more than anything in this world. How we long to make you smile sweet sweet One. We love you Abba. Here is my hand, take it. I'll follow your lead.  Because you love me. Amen.

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:14-16

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving." 1 Timothy 4:4

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment