Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Posture of Your Heart

Hi friends,
I hope this post finds you doing well. As I mentioned in the previous post the Lord has put it on my heart to share what he shows me and reveals to my heart openly and unabashedly. I don't know where you stand on your walk with the Lord, but I know that he longs to bless you. He blesses his children that they may in turn bless others. So I pray that you are blessed by this post. If you have any questions or thoughts about anything you read, I am more than happy to answer your questions and search for answers with you. (My email is Three_remain@aol.com.)I love to talk about my Lord and my faith. I pray that you read this with an open heart. The Lord has so much to offer his children! He is good, and so faithful! The Lord is faithful to answer those who seek after him (Matt. 7:7).

Ok so here goes!

I never expected the Lord to want me to share this with such an open group, but it is his gift to share, not mine. A couple weeks ago I had a dream. It was a few days before I was about to go and stay with one of my best friends for a few days.

In my dream I arrived at that very friend's house, only there were a lot of people already staying there. Believers and non-believers. We all were sitting in the living room and began to discuss God. I then stood up and began to talk to everyone.

"The Lord does not look at our physical posture when we are worshiping. He sees, instead, the posture of our hearts. Some people though they be on their face, their heart posture is one hand on their hip and the other hand held out as if to receive something. These people stand there asking as if they deserved something and to give it to them already. But when the Lord looks at me I want to be laying flat on my face before the Lord. I am lower than low, grosser than gross, dirtier than dirt, and worse than worst.  I am completely unworthy to even have my head above his feet. But the Lord looks upon those in that heart posture and delights in them. He walks over to them and lifting their head to stand, says, 'No more my child. I have made you new.' He cleanses us inwardly and outwardly. He makes us new. Then after lying there flat, I am raised up because I was that low. When you are that low, the only way God can move you is up."

That was my dream. I woke up thinking, "wow. what truth!" I had never truly thought about it. But it echos what Samuel wrote the Lord saying, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as a man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

Sometimes the Lord leads us to raise our hands, or fall to our knees or face, but other times you know deep down that though you are simply standing your heart has fallen to the ground before the Lord. There is so much freedom in this thought.

But while there is freedom, there may also come conviction. For we cannot fool the all-seeing God. We may fool those around us, but not the Alpha and Omega.

It reminds me that I can never be a judge of anyone. The physical is rarely a 100% accurate image of someone's heart.  Luke quotes Jesus saying "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God" (Luke 16:15).

I pray that I may always be found lying flat on the floor when my Savior looks upon me. No matter how many times he rises me up, I want to honor him and show him the respect and honor due.

I share this dream with you that you may take it to the Lord. I do not hold this dream as "mine" because I had no part in receiving it, it was freely given. And I freely give it to all who might be blessed by it. I encourage you to take this word to the Lord, and search your heart,

"Lord, what is the posture of my heart before you? Am I asking as though I deserved something? Am I hiding from you in shame? Am I walking with my head held high because of my accomplishments? Or Lord am I truly laying before you in humility? Oh Lord, I long to be flat on my face before you. I long to honor you in humility, knowing my place compared to you. Cleanse my heart Lord. I long to delight you! 'Create in me a clean heart O God! Renew a right spirit within me' (Ps.51:10). I love you Lord, thank you for your steadfast grace and your mercies that are new every morning! How we love you Lord! How we Love you! Praise be to the Father, Son, and Spirit, who make my life worth living! Delight in me O Lord! Delight in me! Amen."

1 comment: